linkedin behance facebook instagram odnoklassniki twitter vimeo vk youtube logo-edx

CEREGO

How do I know I have reached Level 0.1 in Cerego?

You will receive credit for your participation when you reach Level 0.1. To do so, progress completely through the Content Mastery set for the unit. While not required, you're both welcome and encouraged to continue studying! You will receive emails from Cerego reminding you to refresh your memories, but again, this is not a requirement.

I've already completed the Cerego exercise. Why is my Cerego grade not reflected in on the Progress tab?

It can take up to 48 hours for your Cerego activity to update on the course site.

Also, note that if you only did Cerego on your mobile device, your grades won't show in the progress tab. But, it's an easy fix. All you need to do is click into Cerego on your laptop/desktop computer, and the connection will be made. Once that's done, please allow 48 hours for your Cerego activity to update on the course site.

Can I improve my Cerego grade by reattempting the Cerego exercise?

Yes, you can keep reattempting the Cerego exercise till you get all questions correct (and a 100% grade). 

DISCUSSION BOARD

Which thread/topic should I post to on the Discussion Board?

Post any questions/comments in the appropriate Discussion forum thread (by picking the right “topic”). If none of the topics fit your question/observation, you can post to the "General Questions" thread.

I would like to post a question (it's not an observation). What should I do?

If you are posting a question, first make sure it hasn’t already been answered. Then, make sure that any new question is a new post (rather than a comment to another post). Finally, check that it is marked as a question (by picking “ask a question”).

I just want to share an observation (it's not a question). What should I do?

If what you are posting is not a question, then mark it as “share something”.

I have a question of a personal nature that I would like to share with the Course Team. What should I do?

If you have a question of a personal nature or a specific question regarding an assignment or grade, you can post privately to the course team by clicking on the “eye” button on the bottom left corner and choosing “Moderators”.

EXCEL

Do we need to have access to Microsoft Excel to create our own spreadsheets?

The course does not have a requirement that you have access to Excel.

You can use the video to gain an understanding of the material, and use the embedded spreadsheet right below the video to follow along. Double-clicking on the cells will show you any formulas the cells might be using. You can make changes to this spreadsheet to test your understanding. Refreshing the page will bring the spreadsheet back to its original form.

If you have access to Excel, you can also try creating your own spreadsheet from scratch. This is not required, but some students find it instructive to do so.

How can I get free access to Excel?

You can also gain free access to Excel Online by following these steps:

1. If you don't already have a Microsoft Live account, sign up for one: https://signup.live.com/signup 

2. Then sign in to Office using your Microsoft Live account (look at top right corner to sign in): https://www.office.com/ 

3. Once you're logged-in:

- Click on the Excel icon

- Click on "New blank workbook"

- Start using free Excel Online

- You can save your spreadsheets to OneDrive (you get 5GB of space)

Note that at no point in the above process should you be required to provide your credit card information. There are other ways to gain "free" trails of Excel, but all of those require you to provide your credit card information and will start billing you once the free trial ends. So please be sure to use the process laid out above for free access.

Also note that here might be minor differences between Excel Desktop (which was used while making the spreadsheet demo videos) and the above free Excel Online version. You can find more information here: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/excel-online.

EXTENSIONS ON ASSESSMENTS

Can I get an extension on Cerego Exercises / Quizzes / Midterm Exam / Final Exam? 

Per the syllabus and Universal Learner Courses policy, we cannot offer individual extensions for any of the assessments in this course. 

However, per the syllabus, keep in mind that each Content Mastery exercise is only worth 30/12=2.5% of your overall grade, and each Weekly Quiz is only worth 20/7=2.86% of your overall grade. So if you've missed a Content Mastery exercise or a Weekly Quiz, but if you have been doing well in your assessments and work hard on the remaining assessments you can still be successful in the course. 

Also, please note If you are unable to successfully complete the course for any reason, there are no academic penalties. You can save your work and re-enroll for the course the next time it is offered. 

If you have any further questions on extensions, please email ulcourses@asu.edu

GRADES

Why does my overall grade on the Progress tab seems to go down after I complete a Cerego exercise or Quiz?

This is because the overall grade in the progress tab is created based on the percentage weight for each "category" listed in the syllabus. So the overall grade in the Progress tab may seem "lower". That said, you are encouraged to mainly focus on the current grade on the progress page. While the overall grade helps you see how your completed assessments contribute to your overall grade, the current grade is a more accurate reflection of your success thus far in the course.